Sunday, March 27, 2011

Getting Back on Track...

Hello, all!

After a harried schedule that included some overseas travel, I am getting back on track. I have re-discovered that I need routine. Taking a break is very good for me, but resuming my routine proves difficult at times. What do you do to reel things back in when you get off course?

I know I need my morning, quiet, reflection time. If I don't start my day this way, everything gets out of sync. I am guilty of not adhering to this in the past few weeks and I am investing in holding myself accountable.

S-L-E-E-P...whoever underestimates the power of a good night's sleep must be sleep deprived! I am a new woman when I get my rest. I tell everyone about the HALT method for infants (hunry, angry, lonely, tired) and I let them know that adults need to apply the same check list and address any one that is crying out for more attention than the others. Just like babies,once we address them, the happier and more content we'll be.

Priorities...I am re-establishing my priorities on a daily basis so that I can do what is manageable, but what is most important for my family and I. It's hard when I am getting pulled in a million different directions, but when I can set strong boundaries, I can manage more. Some days, especially now when I am still playing catch up, I wonder how I can possibly accomplish all I need to in a 24 hour period. When I don't start with my morning quiet time, less gets accomplished so I am usually working from a come from behind to catch up position which is not good for my soul.

I share this with you because we all get sidetracked but even folks like me who are supposed to model this can get off balance. I am pretty self aware and so I'll scale back until I can get rejuvenated enough to tackle more.

This week I wish you all peace of mind and priority of focus.

Make it a great one!
-Andrea

PS Tune into 1530 am at 11 am on Fridays or wctr.com any time and check out Frankly Speaking. Upcoming guests include Queen Anne's County Sheriff Gary Hoffman, Rich Fisher owner of Kent Island Online and Randy Fisher of the Fisher Law Office in Annapolis. Other upcoming topics include social networking among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment